Learn how to use your child safety seat correctly. As a service to the residents of the Boulder Creek Fire Protection District, we offer free child seat safety inspections. To schedule an inspection, contact the District Office.
Children must ride in the BACK SEAT in a properly secured child passenger restraint system (car seat/booster) until they are AT LEAST 8 years or 57″ tall.
Vehicle safety belt should fit as follows: lap belt low (touching the thighs), shoulder belt across middle of chest and shoulder (not under arm or behind back), knees bent comfortably without slouching. If your child does not fit this description, make sure they ride in a booster seat!
Helping to keep your child safe in the car!
- Make sure the child seat is properly installed each time you travel.
- Model safe behavior for your child; always use a seat belt.
- Follow the vehicle manufacturer’s and child safety seat instructions & recommendations.
- Most children under 4’9” tall should use booster seats regardless of age or weight.
- Avoid using second-hand car seats unless you are sure the seat has never been in a crash and is not on recall.
Child Seat Safety Inspection Sites
Available by appointment only at the following locations:
|Boulder Creek Fire District||831-338-7222|
|California Highway Patrol||831-662-0511|
|Capitola Police Department||831-475-4242|
|Santa Cruz City Fire Dept.||831-420-5280|
|Scotts Valley Fire Dept.||831-438-0211|
|Watsonville Fire Department||831-768-3209|