Job Announcement Open Opportunity
19 hours per week
Non – Safety
($22.50 – $28.00 Hourly Salary Range)
Under general supervision, to perform responsible, complex, and confidential administrative and routine duties for the District; to provide high-level administrative assistance to the Fire Chief and the Fire District Directors; to perform related work as assigned.
To view more information regarding specific agency job description, pay, and benefits, please visit the District website at https://bcfd.com/
The full Job Description and Employment Application are available below:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Possess and maintain a valid California C Driver’s License.
- Possess a high school diploma, G.E.D. equivalency, or a high school proficiency certificate.
- Two years of general clerical experience including basic computer knowledge.
- Perform a wide variety of clerical duties involving considerable independent judgment; assume individual initiative as required to set work priorities and determine the most effective methods for accomplishing work.
- Composes, types, formats, proofreads, and processes a variety of documents, including letters, memos, agendas, reports, statistical charts, and forms from rough drafts, recordings or verbal instructions; checks drafts for punctuation, spelling, and grammar and suggests corrections.
- Performs office reception and customer service duties; answers telephone and in- person inquiries; provides information on District policies and procedures; resolves problems related to assigned responsibilities; refers callers to appropriate staff as necessary.
- Verifies and reviews forms and reports for completeness and conformance with established regulations and procedures; applies
District and divisional policies and procedures in determining completeness of applications, records, and files.
- Operates standard office equipment, including job-related computer hardware and software applications, fax machine, scanner, printers, copiers, calculators, and telephones; may operate other department-specific equipment; may place office equipment maintenance calls.
- Provides staff support to assigned committees, groups and boards; copies and distributes agenda packets; maintains distribution and contact lists; prepares meeting site.
- Schedules use of District facilities; arranges for necessary set-up, materials, and equipment to be available at meetings, as necessary.
- Monitors and orders station, office, and other related supplies.
- Acts as liaison for the division to which assigned with other District divisions, staff, Board Directors, and the public; requests and provides information regarding program rules, regulations and activities.
- Performs special projects such as researching information, summarizing data, evaluating alternatives and preparing narrative or statistical reports.
- Performs other general clerical duties related to assigned functional area or department.
The District is accepting applications from individuals who meet the minimum requirements of the position. Applicants will be required to submit a District application and a detailed resume to Mark Bingham – Fire Chief, no later than 5:00pm, Tuesday, June 23rd, 2020. Applications can be downloaded from our website, see the link on our home page under the recruitment tab. Applications and resumes may be submitted via U.S. mail to 13230 Central Avenue, Boulder Creek, CA 95006 or by email to email@example.com The job description and application are available on our website https://bcfd.com
Upon review of all applications and resumes, and in accordance with District policy, qualifying candidates will be invited to participate in an interview, tentatively scheduled for June 26th, 2020.
Applicants who successfully pass the interview process shall be placed on an eligibility list based upon their final examination score.
Special Instructions: Any prospective candidate will need to pass a background investigation and physical examination.
The Boulder Creek Fire Protection District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, terms, conditions and/or privileges of employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, sex, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, pregnancy or childbirth, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, marital status, military or veteran status, political affiliation, or any non-merit factor.